birding-aus

RFI birding software for Mac

To: <>
Subject: RFI birding software for Mac
From: "berigora" <>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 21:10:29 +1100
Carol,
I came across this software the other
day.http://homepage.mac.com/wings_4d/
The spiel says:
Wings is a relational database that manages bird records. Actually, it
can manage pretty much most kinds of biological record keeping - it was
simply designed with birds in mind. So what can Wings do? It can do the
usual things:

Store sightings data and the supporting taxonomic, location, observer
and source data
Perform data entry one record at a time
Manage millions of records
Search and sort
Manage multiple checklists
Import and export
Create columnar reports.
Wings can also do a few amazing things:

Allow very rapid data entry using checklists
Create spreadsheet reports
Create reports in the form of checklists
Create charts and occurrence charts
Allow you to create your own categories of data and associate that data
with species, locations or sightings
Save selections of records that can be loaded very quickly in later
sessions
Has built-in spreadsheet, charting, drawing and statistics modules

Regards
Alastair