birding-aus

Collecting birds

To: "Andrew Noosa" <>, <>
Subject: Collecting birds
From: "Judy Philip" <>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 13:21:13 +0930
Andrew,

I've obviously given entirely the wrong impression!

When I read the article about the Yellow Chat, I was outraged, appalled and
desperately saddened - and I remain so.  I cannot believe that anyone would
kill it and I deplore the killing without reservation.  Similarly I deplore
without reservation, publication of the killing without comment - - thereby
apparently giving it implicit endorsement - in the journal of a society of
which I am a member.

What I was trying to do in my post was to look to how such a killing can be
prevented in future.  And to do so taking into account the fact that those
who did it were legally allowed to do so and, impossible as it is to my
mind, must have believed - and presumably still believe - that it was
justified.

Judy Philip