birding-aus

Re Robins plus

To: Terry Pacey <>
Subject: Re Robins plus
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 18:37:49 +1000

I have to comment on this now!

Firstly...... Terry: I thought you left the list??? And because of pointless emails?

Secondly....I, and hundreds, probably thousands of others, appreciate any posting to this list that speaks of Birds. I'm so glad people actually make the effort and spend the time to do so.   Any little hint that gives people the opportunity to follow up items that interest them should be highly valued. The internet makes it so easy to contact the sender and get a follow up on any questions they may have. And the best thing....total freedom of _expression_ without uptight censors trying to sterilise life.

Thridly....if you dont like list, leave! for good! If you want to stay, and want further information on any posting...just ask! We are all quiet friendly i think? Most people i have asked for additional information have sent me more than i want....its fantastic!

At the moment i see you as a Red Wattle bird chasing away a tree full of rare honeyeaters that we all want to see

Peter

Terry Pacey <>
Sent by:

15/07/2003 04:17 PM

Duncan Fraser <>
cc
Birding-aus <>
Subject
Re: [BIRDING-AUS] Re Robins plus

What a cop out.  Surely the words "NE Vic" would take no time and be a
courtesy to the reader.

I spent a lot of time when I first subscribed to Birding-aus, about six
years ago, trying to look up the sites mentioned.  Many of them are not
found in any of the road atlases and are not to be found on the internet
using Google or any other search engine.  Then there is the problem of many
names occurring in more than one state or even in several places within a
state.  I ended up just deleting the messages where the writer was too lazy,
ignorant or whatever to put in the general area of the sighting.  This
worked well and as people complained, the practice slowly disappeared.

In recent times, a number of members, especially those from Victoria, are
starting again.  I thought a reminder might point out to them their lack of
consideration to other members.  I never thought I would receive a reply
such as yours.  You still didn't have the manners to correct the situation.

Terry Pacey