birding-aus

Re: A wager ... cowardly exit by Dean

To: Dean Portelli <>
Subject: Re: A wager ... cowardly exit by Dean
From: Penn Gwynne <>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 18:47:22 -0700 (PDT)
G'day Dean,

Yes some of my writings are with a good dollop of humor, when you care for and raise wild birds for release into the public domain then you need to have humor in your heart, for fear of them being banded? but you sadden me my friend as I am convinced an open and well thought out approach to the problem of banders murdering wild birds could be made?

Who knows perhaps another less expensive method for numbering wild birds could be achieved by us? simple olde youn and I, but no I understand your very biased viewpoint and perhaps bird banders get there "kicks" in strange ways perhaps? "masochistic stick it" fiends?

I'm very sad you have in a cowardly fashion backed away from this serious issue? gene pools are weakened if only 1 per cent per year are murdered and who knows what bird knowledge is lost eh?

Dean Portelli <> wrote:

Penn,

Hmmm. Do I have the time to engage in what I expect will be a fruitless 'debate?

This olde bottle is quite a well known one? very very old from Sowf Ozzie? we might well end up solving a problem on a worldwide scale? plenty of good fruit went into it's production? can't be fruitless.

You no doubt believe passionately that banding of wild birds should be prohibited (for whatever reason/s),

Unequivocally YES ..... Life span of birds and environmental protection.

As evidenced by your very strong stance against it (refer to the heated, nonsensical and emotionally driven comments you make e.g quote "Ask a bander to think?", "this act of inhumane barbarism against wild birds" etc).

Heated???? I wish it was cobber, it's been nippy down here as of late, weather is nice but strong beaks nip, and Non~sensical and emotional? pray tell my dear young fellow, why do you automatically assume such a folly filled viewpoint? how can we humans learn and improve? it is not on an intellectual basis, dangerous for you to do this, and may I say BAD editing again by you Dean, tisk tisk tisk. Why attempt to take and use my words out of conned text?

And, indeed, you are entitled to whatever opinion about the world that you may care to have. However, I believe accepting your invitation to a discussion wouldn't be all that different from accepting an invitation to a discussion of evolution vs creationism?

I'm rolling around on the floor in laughter. Life versus death eh? mankind has created "nothing" that truly lasts, Neanderthal .v. Humans.

Again, all people of the world are entitled to believe in whatever they care to, I am not making a stance that either science or creationism is 'right' - just to make things clear and avoid being taken out of context. From your clear position on this topic I believe any discussion with you will lack the necessary objectivity and therefore I must decline your invitation.

I've been writing a romance novel Dean, and I humbly ask and beseech thee could I include a character that might bear some? resemblance to you? it's a tear jerking romance tail about when Penn meets Gwynne. Hope to get Penguin Books as my publisher :^D>>>

Although I have made it clear following my earlier post that my comments in response to yours were in the spirit of humor, I again make it clear here.I have never taken comments from an email message board to heart!

I agree as we all should, re: emails, unless some have shares in Nick-R's pro produced tablets.

Ooroo me gud fiend, JAG with cocky

Subject change:

How quickly do birds know that things are good in there world? Saturday saw me letting a certain Austral-Asian White backed magpie stay up late for some strange reason? she likes to sit on my shoulder up close to me head, churdling, warbling and carrying on when we watch the footie together. As it penned out it was the Crows versus thee Magpies with a talon biting ending. As the last goal was kicked she took off flying and screaming around our home. She didn't realise when she took off she took my spectacles with her. Smashed on the hard kitchen floor.

Forgive any typo's it's hard to see with 6 year old bifocals on your nose as opposed to my one year old pair.

Toodlepip young chap from the Bifocal yokel.
JAG de Whag

Do you Yahoo!?