birding-aus

Beginning birding

To: jilldening <>, birding-aus <>
Subject: Beginning birding
From: Margaret Cameron <>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 12:41:32 +1000
I enjoyed this Jill - and one of the great pleasures once you've seen quite a few birds is helping other people - beginners, visitors - to see their new birds. Some "beginners" (some of them were not really beginners and some who were had very sharp eyes) at the Birds Australia Vicgroup campout at Gluepot over Easter greatly added to the excitement of the camp for everyone! While perhaps it would be an exaggeration to say I did a JIll Dening when I finally got them a good view of a Weebill, I certainly felt very triumphant!

Also I find that helping other people to find an identify new birds has hugely improved my own skills especially calls, behaviour, the plants they favour etc.

Margaret