birding-aus

Pardalotes on the move?

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Pardalotes on the move?
From: "Birding Services Brisbane" <>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 09:36:13 +1000
On Saturday morning I was on my usual walk near Shaw Park about 6 km on north side of central Brisbane when I heard Striated Pardalotes calling.  Not unusual as they are around all year and breed in the creek banks close by.  However there were 22 of them (possibly a few more) and they were sitting on a wire between flights.  I did not have my binos with me so I could not see if they we all of the same race.  I believe that those that we usually see here are Race melanocephalus.  I know we also have Race ornatus at times.
Next time I will take the binoculars!

Roy Sonnenburg
Birding Services Brisbane
www.birdingservices.com.au