birding-aus

Robbed in Port Augusta

To: "Chris Hankel" <>
Subject: Robbed in Port Augusta
From: Carol Probets <>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 14:36:22 +1100
Chris and all,

Unfortunately it's a similar situation in the Blue Mountains where it's not
uncommon for cars to be broken into at carparks where bushwalks begin. The
thieves seem to know where people will be away from their cars for a while
and they have even targeted locations which are not well known to the
general public such as canyoning and abseiling areas and lesser-known
bushwalks. I know of people who leave their car unlocked or window open at
those places to avoid getting a window smashed (obviously, with nothing of
value inside). Many of the carparks now have signs advising visitors not to
leave valuables in the car.

I don't know what the solution is, but nothing will stop me doing my
favourite bushwalks and visiting my favourite birding spots!

Cheers

Carol