birding-aus

Black bittern

To: "birdingaus" <>
Subject: Black bittern
From: "KEITH BRANDWOOD" <>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 12:00:29 +0100
Hi all/Sydneyites
Went looking for the Osprey reported at Deep Creek
Narrabeen Lakes area yesterday to add to my Sydney List but dipped, we did
however have great views of a adult male Black Bittern perched on a bough
on the western side of the creek at the metal bridge.
There was also a confiding Buff Banded Landrail feeding out in the open at
the picnic tables at Warrewood Reserve,the Flowering Swamp Mahogany
are fantastic at this spot and what a great stand of them.credit to the
council or whoever had the forsight to save them and put in a boardwalk
great stuff.
A Drongo was calling at this spot as well as 100's of Rainbow Musk and
Scaly Lorikeets but no Swift Parrots. A lone Wandering Albatross plus 14
Black browed were off Long Reef.

Good birding

keith brandwood