birding-aus

Close brush with a Hobby

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Close brush with a Hobby
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 00:55:51 -0800 (PST)
Goodfellow <> wrote:

Tim, my heartfelt sympathy!

John, twice I've been attacked by Brown Goshawks both
at dusk, swooping upon me at chest level only to brake
madly upon seeing I wasn't just a big chicken!

Denise

My condolences to you also Tim,

John, I had a few years back a brush with a Kookaburra
that flew straight at me trying to pull out of his
dive
just a tad too late, sharp talons on those guys. I was
grateful at the time he didn't grab me swoop upwards
then drop me, as he would a snake in the grass. I was
once referred to as being that by BHP bosses and boy
did that make me feel proud and good :^D

JAG

What a gorgeous day today, Western Port was like a
glassed mill pond, so many pelicans around.