birding-aus

Striated fieldwren on Phillip Island

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: Striated fieldwren on Phillip Island
From: Jenny Skewes <>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 14:45:33 +1000
Hello all

On July 4th I saw what I believe to be a group of Striated Fieldwrens in
tussock grass at the top of the cliffs a few 100 metres east of Berry's
Beach, on the south coast of Phillip Island (Vic). I had good views in
late afternoon sun, and it is a likely habitat, but I am told they have
not been recorded on the island. Would anyone care to comment?

Jenny