birding-aus

Feathers

To: "'Maurovic, Mauro (DHS)'" <>, 'Mr Lango Lango' <>
Subject: Feathers
From: "Reitzin, Amanda" <>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 07:50:38 +1000
I just received the same from Mr Drongo....

"I glad that the poor bird die! is bet death than have a terrible life lock
in an cage! shame on you!"

you also failed to read the email - she had PBFD, which stands for
Psittacine Beak and Feather Disease - here is a link:
http://numbat.murdoch.edu.au/caf/pbfd.htm

When I rescued her, she had no flight feathers, and was about to end up as
cat or dog food in someone's backyard. She was hand raised and a total sook,
and spent most of her time on my shoulder (when I was home), and on a perch
in the bedroom when I wasn't, and roamed the house freely for the rest of
the time. She couldn't fly, and was happy as Larry simply to sit on me or
the furniture or walk around wherever she pleased for the 5 years that I had
her. Sometimes keeping a bird in captivity is its only option!