birding-aus

Feathers

To: "'Maurovic, Mauro (DHS)'" <>, 'Bill Stent' <>
Subject: Feathers
From: "Reitzin, Amanda" <>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 12:04:06 +1000
I had an aviary escapee hand-raised PBFD female Regent parrot for 5 years,
who shed all her beautiful long tail feathers in the first year, and then
continued to drop feathers, most of which were deformed as a result of the
disease, but were incredibly vibrant and colourful nonetheless. I kept all
of them and now have 2 envelope-fulls. Unfortunately she died last year.
Gorgeous bird, very clingy & sooky but great companion.