birding-aus

Home Bird lists

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Home Bird lists
From: "Steve Popple" <>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 20:27:55 +0930
I'm interested in peoples views on what you do and don't count on your home
bird list. For example do you count raptors circling overhead ? (I do
because I figure their using the airspace above my home sort of a vertical
garden) but then do you count birds which are just flying over on their way
to somewhere else?
Why do I ask? Well I had a Black Breasted Buzzard overhead for awhile
yesterday which I would like to include on my home bird list but on the
other hand I often see and hear Magpie Geese and Whistling Ducks passing
over at night which I feel uneasy about including on my list. Any comments?
I know its my list and I can make any "rules" I like but I'm interested in
what other people do.  Steve