birding-aus

Royal National Park

To: "Philip A. Veerman" <>, "Vella" <>, "birding aus" <>
Subject: Royal National Park
From: "Bruce Roubin" <>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 22:16:44 +1000
Philip,
Your "absolutely nil bearing" is drawing a long bow.
If you eliminate the vagrants from the count, which let's say is 10, then the figure must provide some sort of indication of the rate of decline or growth. In other words, if a species in the count can be verified to be newly present at a certain season under certain weather, migratory or other species-specific conditions, then I would take that as fair and reasonable indication that the species is on the up and up in the Sydney region.
If for example (and I don't know if these are in the count), the extant Sydney glossy black cockatoo population from Beecroft-Hawkesbury takes a turn for the better, then one might expect that to eventually be added to the non-vagrant count somewhere at Royal NP.

Regards