birding-aus

switch it OFF!

Subject: switch it OFF!
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 02:29:39 -0700 (PDT)
Tony Russell <> wrote:

Well of course as an ( impartial ??) Optus employee
your point of view is understandable, but not in my
view excusable. Couldn't you get yourself a decent
tape
recorder for the birdsong and leave the phone in your
desk at work? I hope you realise Optus only give you
one to use because it's free advertising for them.

The more people see others using them the more likely
people are to succumb and get one themselves, society
actually comes to believe it's "normal" to have the
new toy which they don't need. Ugh! Shudder shudder.

Embrace the 21st century ?? I think I'd prefer 1066
vintage pigeon post.
T.
G'day MacBruce and Tones,
I'd like to chirp in here and just add that many of
those from overseas and interstate who pay big bucks
go birding, for a hopeful sighting of a lesser spotted
yellow roubin :^D in the Oz bush, do so also for the
peace and quiet and tranquility. To me there is
nothing more annoying on this planet then to be out in
the bush on a perfect day, tripod mounted, camera
loaded, aim and focus excellent and then the person
your with goes "Ring-Ring" "Ring-Ring" no wonder the
bush cockie camera clubs adopt the shoot first ask
later technique ...... Ruins life I say ...... take
your Son of Eric and shove em. I have had several
offers to go mobile to which I say "I am now thank
you". It's good to see their perplexed faces unaware
as they are, of my recent operation.

Goes to get arf penny worth of chips ......

Ooroo lads.
I'm wondering if our good friend wears a kilt? Roubin
the Bruce sounds nice eh :^D and Shirley any arf
decent phone company could create a mobile phone that
does not ring? it flashes??????

=====
7.5 million native birds were killed last year ....
10,000 Oztralians ( and two Yanks :^D )
Are now working to save them ...
You too can help, by donating to Birds Australia.