birding-aus

Re: switch it OFF ! - better still, dump the monster in the bin.

To: "Tony Russell" <>, "Bill Stent" <>
Subject: Re: switch it OFF ! - better still, dump the monster in the bin.
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 12:34 +1000
Good eye,
My 2 cents worth:
as an impartial employee of Optus mobiles, North Sydney.
as I've said before, every cloud has a silver lining ;
i use my mobile whilst birding to record bird calls on my voicemail (for later
replay, esp for lifers and mimicry). I've even forwarded the voicemails to
others (from my work voicemail system, and played them back on loudspeaker)!
also I use it to dictate detailed descriptions on lifers or uncertain F & Imm
differentiation, whilst actively keeping my eye on the target, for later
checking
Come on, let's embrace the 21st century!

Regards,
Bruce Roubin