birding-aus

Endangered Woodland, Sydney

To: <>
Subject: Endangered Woodland, Sydney
From: "Vella" <>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 12:42:17 -0000
This site is larger and across the road from one of the areas I have visited on a number of occassions in Shanes Park, where I have seen small numbers of Speckled Warblers (on all occassions), Square-tailed Kite, Jacky Winter, Scarlet Robins, Painted Button-quail, possibly Diamond Firetails (heard once) among other disappearing woodland birds. There is also atleast a pair of Pacific Bazas residing in this area. The ADI site would most likely have the same species and should be made a Nature Reserve.

The only other large sites of Cumberland plain woodland to my knowledge around Sydney, is around Cobbity, Castlereagh and at Scheyville.

Edwin