birding-aus

Lorikeets

To: "" <>
Subject: Lorikeets
From: Atriplex Services <>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 17:05:43 +0930
Hello all.
It has been suggested that I clarify the reason for my previous
rejoicing.
The following was in an ad. in The Advertiser, last Sat:
"The Hon. Iain Evans, Minister for Environment and Heritage, has
announced that, as from 30 April 2001 commercial orchardists and
vignerons MUST (sic) obtain destruction permits for Adelaide Rosellas,
Musk Lorikeets and Rainbow Lorikeets before taking these species on
their properties.
All previous permission granted pursuant to section 51A of the National
Parks and Wildlife Act 1972 to take these species is hereby revoked.
Taking of birds must be conducted strictly in accordance with the Code
of Practice entitled 'Humane Destruction of Birds by Shooting in South
Australia'. The Code of Practice and destruction permit application
forms can be downloaded from www.wildlifepermit.sa.gov.au .... "
Cheers (lots of them!)
Anne Green, Morgan, SA

--
Atriplex Services: "Working With Nature" Environmental Consultants,
Growers of native Australian plants, educators.