birding-aus

RFI: Channel-billed Cuckoos - filming opportunities

Subject: RFI: Channel-billed Cuckoos - filming opportunities
From: Hugo Phillipps <>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 11:17:03 +1000
Hi everybody -

I am forwarding a message from Conrad Maufe who is looking for filmable
Channel-bills.  If anybody can help him with advice, please contact him
directly

Cheers,
Hugo
-------------------------------

Sorry to trouble you.  I do hope you might be able to help out here.  I am
a natural history TV researcher in the UK just starting some initial
research on a programme about Parasitism in the animal kingdom.  The
programme will be shown on UK Television and in many other countries
worldwide.  The series I have just finished working on called Giants with
Nigel Marven has recently been shown on Channel 7 in Australia.

One of the items we would like to include in the Parasites programme is the
Channel Billed Cuckoo - Scythrops novaehollandiae.  I just wondered whether
or not you might be able give me some advice about where and how it might
be possible to film this bird.  I am really hoping there might be someone
(private individual, naturalist, PhD student etc) who studies this bird and
knows about it's habits whom I could talk to in more detail.  Perhaps there
is a body in Australia that studies the Cuckoo family?

I am very open to any ideas you might have on this.  Thank you so much for
your help.

With best wishes,
Conrad Maufe

United Productions
Factual Department
Television Centre
Bath Road
Bristol
England BS4 3HG

Tel: +44 117 9722765
Fax: +44 117 9722410
Email:

visit the Giants web site at
http://www.htvwest.com/giants

Hugo Phillipps
Communications Coordinator
Birds Australia
415 Riversdale Road
HAWTHORN EAST 3123, Australia
Tel: (03) 9882 2622, fax: (03) 9882 2677
Email: <>
Web site: <http://www.birdsaustralia.com.au>