birding-aus

Carpenter Rocks

To: "Bird Chat Line" <>
Subject: Carpenter Rocks
From: "Mitchener/Christie" <>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 10:06:40 +0930
Jan
Carpenter Rocks  is 40 km's west of Mt Gambier, on the coast.  It is at the eastern end of Lake Bonney and the Canunda National Park.

Tony
My first sighting of  White-fronted terns was at the Pelican Point high tide roost on 30th April this year.  An immature and a mature bird were present.   A Crested tern with a band on its lower right was also observed.  I think it was silver. I could not see anything on the other leg.  (what should I look for in bands on  terns?  Is there a colour code similar to the oyster catcher banding done by VWSG?  How much information is necessary for it to be worthwhile reporting?)
I also saw a single mature White-fronted tern on 13th May.

Maureen

PS  Sorry I missed Colin.  The billy is always on for birdos keen enough to be out in this weather!