birding-aus

bins back!

Subject: bins back!
From: andrew stafford <>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 17:37:22 -0800 (PST)
Hi again,

I have already received several inquiries about who I
am insured with since reporting yesterday that my
binoculars were not classed as valuables, merely
contents, and therefore I was covered after my loss.

For the record, the insurers are Suncorp/Metway.
However, as I have said to a couple of people already,
don't give them all the credit: thank our assessor,
GAB Robins, for it was they who took a close look at
the wording of the contract and twisted S/M's arm. GAB
Robins was, however, appointed by S/M to assess our
claim, not us.

Also, I'll be getting the Leica BA 10 x 42s, not the
10 x 50s which were stolen. This is partly because I
asked the assessor to inquire about them anyway, but
also because she didn't want to push our luck too far:
the 10 x 42s are a couple of hundred bucks cheaper. I
thought it was a fair cop, as they say.

Cheers

AS