birding-aus

bins back!

Subject: bins back!
From: andrew stafford <>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 17:55:43 -0800 (PST)

Hello all,

For those who care, I have some good news on the
binoculars front.

You may remember my Leicas were pinched off my front
doorstep while unloading stuff between my car and our
flat after returning from the Christmas break in early
January.

The binoculars were not individually insured, and I
thought the most I would get back was $1000 (the most
our insurance company would pay up for valuables)
under a home & contents policy.

However, our insurance company has informed me that as
the binoculars are not classed as "valuables" under
the wording of their contract, merely as "contents",
it looks like I'll be getting a new pair of 10 x 42s
within the next week or so. Naturally this is a
tremendous relief as the stolen pair were of course
never found.

The most I will pay is $50 excess, which I think I can
manage. Thanks to all who took an interest in this
saga.

Cheers

Andrew S