birding-aus

Bird Chart

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: Bird Chart
From: Jill Dening <>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 09:58:05 +1100
Hello everyone,

I have been delighted with the number of responses from subscribers. I can
just see all those new charts on the kitchen walls around Australia, and
even one in Florida! There were a couple of comments from people about
feeling intimidated as newcomers on birding-aus. New  subscribers need to
be aware that old subscribers were new subscribers, too, once, and should
not feel intimidated about asking simple questions.

A couple of people arel having a problem reading the file. David MacDonald
suggested there could still be a translation problem with the decoding that
occurs in Netscape as the binhex coded file is converted on downloading.

Bob Forsyth came up with this suggestion:

"I have been using a Microsoft download for viewing MS Excel.
It is called  "Excel 97 Spreadsheet File Viewer"

Which I got from
http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/downloadCatalog/dldExcel.asp

It can be found at
http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/downloadDetails/xlviewer.htm?s=/downloadCa
talog/dldExcel.htm"

I think I have contacted everyone separately to date, but in case there are
others in my inbox when I go online next, you might like to try this if you
have a problem.

Cheers to all,

Jill

Jill Dening