birding-aus

Bird Chart

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: Bird Chart
From: Jill Dening <>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 17:08:35 +1100
Hello all,

I wonder if anyone would like a copy of my bird chart, a blank Excel
spreadsheet which is set up for the year 2000? I notice that there are a
few new birders on birding-aus these days, and it might prove to be a
useful tool.

Some of you might groan, oh no, that woman is on Macintosh! However, the
determined Bob Forsyth in Mt Isa is on PC, and has translated my file into
a manageable form for PCs which run Excel. I can send it as either a Mac
file or a .xls file, and you should specify which you want.

I print this blank chart every year, stick it on my kitchen wall, and every
week I enter the maximum number of each species that I have seen (or heard)
on any occasion during the previous week.

Down the left column you enter all the birds in your garden, adding species
as time passes. I suggest you enter the basic list before you print the
file. Then there are 52 columns across, one for each week.

Why am I offering this? Because I have benefitted greatly from the
knowledge gained from my chart, and others might benefit also. It helps you
to understand more about the seasonal movements of birds in your area.

Just email me if you'd like a copy. I'll send it as an attachment. I
believe it is clean, but you should put it through a virus checker anyway.

Cheers,

Jill

Jill Dening
Sunshine Coast, Qld