birding-aus

Australian lifelist book?

To: BIRDING-AUS <>,
Subject: Australian lifelist book?
From: Sid and Sharon Genaux <>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 01:11:51 -0500
Hi everyone,
    My husband and I are planning a trip to Australia around the first
week in March.  It will be an open-ended trip; we will stay until we (a.
get homesick, (b. run out of money, or (c. the visa expires.  That means
we will be visiting you for up to a year.  I have the Pizzey and Knight
field guide and Richard and Sarah Thomas' Guide to Finding the Birds of
Australia.  I am interested in getting a book listing the birds of
Australia and providing room to note when and where they were seen. Is
there such a book and where can I get it when I get to Australia.
    We will be flying in to Richmond RAAF base near Sydney and plan to
buy an older van, VW bus, or small camper to use for our trip and then
resell before we come home.  We are doing this trip on very little money
and hope to be able to camp most of the time.
    We also hope to be able to get to New Zealand for a month or two
while we are in that part of the world and friends who were there for 6
months about a year ago are going to lend us their NZ bird book.
    We are very excited about this trip and can hardly wait to get
there!  My husband traveled while he was in the Air Force but I have
never even had a passport before.  Perhaps we will run into some of you
while we are birding in your areas.  We hope to do a complete circuit of
Australia while we are there.
                                            Regards,
                                            Sharon Genaux

Include ONLY "unsubscribe birding-aus"