birding-aus

birding-aus birding highlights

Subject: birding-aus birding highlights
From: Alexandra Appleman <>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 13:02:30 +1000
I've had a quiet year birding-wise (adding only another 12 lifers to my
list) but the high spot for me was attending the Aus Wader Study Group
conference on Phillip Island. Having been frozen watching the penguins many
years ago in January I wisely gave that bit a miss in June!

The conference was great, very well organised, an opportunity to meet up
with some of the other volunteers from the 1998 Broome expedition and being
able to put faces to names of people I had corresponded with by email or
had read of their research interests.

A special thanks to Russell for maintaining the list, most of the spam was
screened out thank goodness. Also thanks to those who emailed me saying
they enjoyed the trip report on Norfolk Island - many of us have non-birder
spouses / partners and kids so birding time has to be traded off; I try to
look for places that will satisfy both of our needs.

Cheers everyone nad have a good Christmas.

Alex Appleman
Townsville

quotes)