birding-aus

birding-aus RFI: Pigeon Researchers

Subject: birding-aus RFI: Pigeon Researchers
From: Hugo Phillipps <>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 12:12:33 +1100
Hi all -

I am trying to compile a contact list for anybody and everybody
(professional or amateur, full-time or part-time, past and present)
involved in research on and conservation (or pest management) of wild
pigeons or doves (Columbidae) in the broad geographical region covering:

Australia, New Zealand, Polynesia, Micronesia, Melanesia, New Guinea,
South-East Asia  and the islands of the central and eastern Indian Ocean.

This region contains at least 70 species of pigeons considered to be
threatened or near-threatened and I would like to canvass opinion on the
establishment of a medium for the exchange / publication of information,
news, updates, threats etc on the subject.

Please forward this to anybody you think would be interested and send all
names and details directly to me at the contacts  below.

Thanks,
Hugo

Hugo Phillipps
Communications Coordinator
Birds Australia
415 Riversdale Road
HAWTHORN EAST 3123, Australia
Tel: (03) 9882 2622, fax: (03) 9882 2677
Email: <>
Web site: <http://www.birdsaustralia.com.au>

quotes)