birding-aus

birding-aus Christmas Contest number 3 ....

To: All <>
Subject: birding-aus Christmas Contest number 3 ....
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 19:41:45 -0800 (PST)
We have scoured the land,
Seeking mystery birds,
Gone through Latin, how absurd,
Who wishes to talk in this defunct tongue,
Hey it's Christmas and time for fun.

The prize a truly beaut Oz T shirt donated by the one
and only Denise Goodfellow, to whom I doffs my cap.

Okay twas 11 days till christmas when my true love
sent to me? a three part quiz question.

1.a.) How many birds are mentioned in this song? "The
twelve days of Christmas"

b.) Which bird lived in the pear tree?

c.) And how many calling hens were there?

You need to get all three parts of the question
correct to enter. The correct entries go in the barrel
with one winner drawn for each contest.

Good Luck, as you may have guessed an early end to the
Cricket ......

John