birding-aus

Re: birding-aus Swarovski Bins

To: "Bird-aus" <>
Subject: Re: birding-aus Swarovski Bins
From: "Chris Harrison" <>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 18:28:17 -0600
While everyone is on the topic of roof prism binos, I suggest anyone
interested in new binos check out this page:
http://www.lightshedder.com/BVD/ .  It is well put together and the
reference sets he uses are very good glasses.  I recently bought a pair of
Pentax 8x42 DCF WP on their recommendation (best buy in roof prisms) and am
really impressed at the quality of these glasses for around $400.  I have
looked through several pairs of Swarovski, B&L Elites, Leicas and Zeiss
really couldn't see any reason to buy those more expensive binoculars when
the Pentax was a equivalent product at around half the price (or less!).

Chris Harrison
San Angelo, TX, USA

quotes)