birding-aus

birding-aus Queensland twitchers

Subject: birding-aus Queensland twitchers
From: "Philip Battley" <>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 09:44:15 +1000
Greetings,

I can't speak for the rest of Queensland, but the South-East will be
overrun with twitching teams this weekend in the annual QOSI
twitch. Roy Sonnenburg posted a note about it last week. I know
it's a separate event to the BA twitch, but it explains the dearth of
entries from this huge state.

As for me, I'll be entering my first one with the Republican
Monarchs (we start on referendum day, after all).  We have no
expectation of doing overly well in species but plan to raise a
moderate amount of money. Our trick - working in an
Environmental Sciences faculty where evrryone in the tea-room is
fair game!

We're not complete slackers up here...

Regards, Phil.

Phil Battley,
Australian School of Environmental Studies,
Griffith University,
Nathan,
Queensland 4111,
Australia.