birding-aus

birding-aus RFI NSW for visitor

Subject: birding-aus RFI NSW for visitor
From: RUSSELL DEAN WOODFORD <>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 12:25:48 +1000 (EST)
Message from Tom Tarrant on behalf of visiting birder

Please respond to the original mail address
----------------------------

Tom & Marie,
I've looked at your webpage several times over the past few days as I
gear up for a birding trip in Eastern Australia. I will be living in
Norther NSW studying Bower Birds with Gerald Borgia's crew from the
University of Maryland (USA). We'll be in and around Tooloom Ntl. Park
based out of the town of Wallaby Creek (near Urbenville). Part of my
preparations for the trip have included an Amazon.com search for the
best single bird guide for Eastern Australia. I need to pack light so
I'm limiting myself to one guide. Your site convinced me to e-mail you
for any sugestions as to which one is the best. I would also be
interested in any particularly good insect, plant, or Natural History
guides/bibliographies you might know of for the area (I'm going to be
spending alot of time in the blind- or "hide" as some might call it).
Please e-mail me with your suggestions. They would be very helpfull and
greatly appreciated.

all the best,
Ryan Kerney (mailto:

quotes)