birding-aus

birding-aus Serious World Twitch

To: <>, "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: birding-aus Serious World Twitch
From: "Philip A Veerman" <>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 20:11:23 +1000
I had to have a giggle at part of this message:
"The purpose of the exercise was to see representatives of all the worlds
202 bird families in one year."
I wonder how many "worlds" this person was talking about. I thought birds
are only known from one world and it is the birds of this world that are
involved. Surely they mean "all the world's 202 bird families", instead.
(i.e. with the apostrophe for possessive.)

Anyway, what a self indulgent exercise. Do things like this contribute
anything useful to ornithology? Especially, as family divisions are largely
arbitrary anyway.