birding-aus

RE: birding-aus Serious World Twitch

To: "'Paul McDonald'" <>
Subject: RE: birding-aus Serious World Twitch
From: "Harvey, David A." <>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 09:08:54 -0400
In 1989 I visited Peru on a VENT field trip.  Jim Clements (author of "Birds
of the World, a Checklist") had undertaken a world birdathon that year to
help support something back in California (I believe it was a new 'bird'
wing to the Los Angeles Museum.  His goal was 4,000 species for the calendar
year.  I understand he fell short of the goal but still amassed an amazing
total in the high 3,000 species area.