birding-aus

Re: birding-aus NEWCASTLE's DISEASE OUTBREAK, MANGROVE MOUNTAIN

Subject: Re: birding-aus NEWCASTLE's DISEASE OUTBREAK, MANGROVE MOUNTAIN
From: morris <>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 18:06:33 +1000
Hi birders,
Edbirdman asked questions about the eradication of Newcastle's Disease,
however I provided the information, initially to Mike Owen about Newcastle's
Disease, in response to his enquiry. I do not work for the NSW Dept of
Agriculture but rather passed on information from their newsletter and
information sheets issued at the local Disease Control Centre at Kariong. If
you want further information please contact them tel 02 63 913100 or fax 02 63
913336.

Alan Morris
NSWFOC Records Officer

 wrote:

> In a message dated 99-05-12 08:24:03 EDT,  writes:
>
> << ..It was the unanimous assessment of the Consulative Committee on
>  Emergency Animal Disease (CCEAD) that it is not possible to make any
>  exceptions to the plan of slaughtering out all commercial, backyard and
>  outside avairy birds on Mangrove Mountain. The major reasons for this
>  are as follows: >>
>
> Please excuse my stupidity, should this question exhibit it, but does the
> eradication of all " commercial, backyard and outside aviary birds" insure
> the eradication of the disease?
>
> Ed Stokes (Edbirdman)
> To unsubscribe from this list, please send a message to
>
> Include ONLY "unsubscribe birding-aus" in the message body (without the
> quotes)

quotes)