birding-aus

lifestyles & birding

Subject: lifestyles & birding
From: Niels Poul Dreyer <>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 15:02:19 +1100 (EST)
Tony Russel wrote:

Well Niels you are such a grump.    I really get annoyed when people tell me
I shouldn't have a 4x4. Next time I'm in Queensland birding in my 4 WD and I
see you either walking or riding your bike I'll blow you off the road with
my diesel fumes,stick you in the top loading washing machine at the caravan
park,freeze you with the evaporative air conditioner, stick you on the roof
as a solar collector,and when you are thoroughly worn out, use you as compost.

Answer:

Yes, do not complain about rainforest fires caused by global warming,
bleaching of coral reefs and the extinction of 1000+ birds within the next
10 years. That what you get from that lifestyle!. And do not blame
governments; they are just a mirror of public opinion like yours.
Unfortuanally 95% of the Australians probably agree with you!  Enjoy the
birds while you can-they will not be around for long!

Regards from
Niels Poul Dreyer
5/13 George Street
Pialba, Qld 4655