birding-aus

Breeding records

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Breeding records
From: "Trevor Hampel" <>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 22:15:37 +1030
Dear Birders,

I think it must be spring here in Murray Bridge.

I live on a 2 hectare (5 acre) block on the western edge of Murray Bridge. Over recentl weeks I have recorded the following birds breeding around our home:

Common Starling - feeding young
House Sparrow - feeding young
Red Wattlebird - feeding young
White Plumed Honeyeater - feeding young
Australian Magpie - feeding young
Galah - feeding young
Mallee Ringneck - feeding young
Grey shrike Thrush - feeding young
Little Raven - newly fledged

Willie Wagtail - suspected breeding - very vocal - I just haven't found the nest yet.
Pacific Black Duck - pair seen mating in our swimming pool several weeks ago - they visit every day - nest not located (could be in scrub about 1km away)

Happy birding,

Trevor Hampel
Murray Bridge
South Australia