birding-aus

Re: Donga

Subject: Re: Donga
From: Paul Fennell <>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 20:30:26 +1000 (EST)
Hello everyone

I believe that there is an expression "somewhere out in the Donga"  which
indicates that the person is way out in the deeper parts of the bush, in a
far away isolated place.  I think that I heard this mainly in North
Queensland, but its usage could be a bit wider.

Paul Fennell                       or

Telephone 02 6205 9401 (w)  02 6254 1804 (h)  Fax 02 6205 9226

ormal
working temperature via some kind of counter current heat exchange system -
like in gull legs, or the sinuses(?) of large savannah mammals. Perhaps
penguin muscles work effectively at low temperatures, allowing them to
feed, and to escape predators at low energy cost.

That's my 2 cents anyway

Desmond Allen
Japan
e-mail: