birding-aus

Re: RFI - Melbourne/Weribee

To: <>
Subject: Re: RFI - Melbourne/Weribee
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 19:47:38 +1100
> Access to the Melbourne Water Western Treatment Plant at Werribee is
> by permit only.  Permits are readily obtainable either by writing to
> Melbourne Water at Private Bag 10, Werribee, Victoria 3030 or by
> telephone (03) 9742 9209.  The permit costs $20 and will be issued to
> you within a few days of your application providing details of your
> name and address, reason for permit application (birdwatching is
> readily accepted) and motor vehicle model, colour and registration
> details.
G'day,
I'd just like to add something to John's comments: if you go to the
Melbourne Water office at the entrance of the Treatment Plant at Werribee
on a week day you can actually pay your $20 and get your permit on the
spot, thus saving a lot of stuffing around..................... Of course
I'd still recommend going with someone in the
know - saves time & money!

Susan