birding-aus

Minsmere in the South

Subject: Minsmere in the South
From: Robert BERRY <>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 19:31:11 -0800
Good news from John Barkla about future hopes for Werribee.

Unfortunately Melbourne's other sewage works - The Eastern Treatment Plant -
was closed to bird watchers about 6 months ago. Prior to that I was a regular
there and it was capable of turning up some good species ( Spotted Redshank for
instance ).

It would be great if anyone with influence could bring it to bear on the
management there. The manager, I believe, is a Mr Tony Antoniou. I have written
to him but have not received the courtesy of a reply.

Robert Berry.