birding-aus

Re:1 of 2 things

Subject: Re:1 of 2 things
From: Gerry Hopkins <>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 11:19:50 +1000
Lorne,

Ku-ring-gai Birdwatchers on an early  (7.30am) morning walklast sunday
(12th Oct) watched for some minutes 2 chestnut rumped heathwrens
(Hylacolas) on the Chiltern Road track at Ingleside (Northern Beaches).
They were about 0.5 km from the road. Other sightings included Rufus
Fantail and Rufus Whistler.

Regards Gerry & Lauris

lorne wrote:

> Hello BIRDLOVERS... Lorne here...
>
> 1. What is the best bookshop in OZ for international bird field guides?
> Is it Andrew Isles? I am interested in buying a South American guide
> (Amazonian areas!). Does anyone know where to get one?
>
> 2. Can anyone help me with getting Black-eared Cuckoos and Hylacolas in
> Sydney?
>
> Thanks and happy birding,
>
> LAWN.

Gerry Hopkins MMR
Editor "Main Line" NMRA - Australasian Region
Contest Chairman NMRA - Australasian Region
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~gerrymmr          (updated 8th October '97)