birding-aus

Crimson Rosella's

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Crimson Rosella's
From: "Richard Dilena" <>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 22:49:50 +1000
Hello eveybody,

I am looking for some help in the distribution of the Adelaide Rosella.
Last weekend, I spent a couple of days on the Murray River, NSW side, in
the Koondrook State Forest.  Whilst driving along one of the tracks, I
noticed a number of Yellow Rosella's perched on a low branch.  What caught
my eye though was one individual which had rather orange plumage on the
head, neck, chest, and belly - quite different from the other rosella's.
Checking my S & D, the only distribution maps were for Crimson Rosellas
generally.  However in Pizzey & Knight, distribution maps indicate that the
Adelaide Rosella is found in the vicinity of Adelaide.  Does the Adelaide
Rosella travel that far along the Murray, or was it only wishful thinking
on my part ??

Thanks,
Richard Dilena