birding-aus

Harrison Seabird guide

To: <>
Subject: Harrison Seabird guide
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 97 10:08:04 +60000
I'm going to buy Peter Harrison's Seabird field guide and note from Andrew
Isles' latest catalogue that he's got it on sale for $78, being the 1989
second edition (the one with drawings of the birds, hardcopy).  Is that indeed
the latest edition?  Is there a forthcoming update that I should wait for?

As the above is a heavier tome, I was wondering about the 1996 $45 edition
containing photos of birds and is softcover- is this one okay for taking on an
actual pelagic? (leaving the hardback version in the safety of my bookcase for
later reference).

Another book altogether:  Shorebirds:  an identification guide to the waders
of the world 1991, Hayman, Marchant and Prater at $75.  Any words on this book
before I spend the money?

Cheers and Thanks
Irene Denton
Sydney   NSW