birding-aus

Re: Geelong Stuff

To: Russell Woodford <>
Subject: Re: Geelong Stuff
From: Lawrie Conole <>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 09:09:13 +1000 (EET)
On Fri, 4 Apr 1997, Russell Woodford wrote:

> Thanks to Lawrie Conole who helped me find Southern Emu Wren at the spot
> above Anglesea.  We heard Chestnut-rumped Hylacola as well.  The other
> highlight was an Olive Whistler which stayed within a few meters for
> several minutes.  Next time I'll take faster film or a smaller lens.

Here's the location & bird details for that "spot above Anglesea" (you'll
need to read this using a proportional font such as Courier 10, otherwise
it'll be all over the place):

Fref: BALD13     Obs: LEC  Dates: 29  3 1997 -  0  0    0 Site: BALD
Comment:                                Survey: *AS  Time: 210  Area: 20
Country:   36.030 Locality: Salt Creek Valley, Bald Hills, Anglesea, Vic.
Habitat: Heathy woodland Comment:                                C1/2:    /
Lat: 38 23 17 S Long: 144  7 25 E Accuracy: 10" Altitude: 80    m LR:
Code--- Count St Br T R Comment------------------ Species----------------
 8128.0                                           Brush Bronzewing
 8063.0 1               female                    Collared Sparrowhawk
 3035.1 1               female                    Brown Goshawk
 8444.0                                           Grey Shrike-thrush
 3680.0                                           Golden Whistler
 8439.0 1                                         Rufous Whistler
 8433.0 1               female                    Olive Whistler
 8413.0                                           Scarlet Robin
 8426.0                                           Eastern Yellow Robin
 8324.0                                           Southern Emu-wren
 8353.0                                           Chestnut-rumped Heathwren
 8317.0                                           Superb Fairy-wren
 8544.0                                           Spotted Pardalote
 8547.0                                           Striated Pardalote
 8359.0                                           Brown Thornbill
 8366.0                                           Striated Thornbill
 8181.0                                           Crimson Rosella
 8160.0                                           Galah
 8156.0                                           Yellow-tailed Black-Cockatoo
 8488.0                                           White-eared Honeyeater
 8483.0                                           Yellow-faced Honeyeater
 8511.0                                           New Holland Honeyeater
 8510.0                                           Crescent Honeyeater
 8523.0                                           Eastern Spinebill
 8255.0                                           Little Raven
 8280.0                                           Grey Currawong
 8406.0                                           Grey Fantail
 8302.0                                           White-throated Treecreeper
 8227.0 1               calling from hollow       Australian Owlet-nightjar
 8538.0                                           Silvereye
 8448.1 1                                         Bassian Thrush