birding-aus

Little Button-quail

Subject: Little Button-quail
From: "Jo Wieneke" <>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 97 10:47:17 UT
I was interested to read in the NSW Birdline that Little Button-quail have
been seen in rainforest in NSW. In February 1993 I saw one at Paluma, which is
a small village surrounded by rainforest, north of Townsville. This one was in
Andree Griffin's garden, along with a Red-chested Button-quail. I think a
banding group from JCU caught one in the E.Grandis forest west of the village
and there have been other records as well. When I went up there just before
Xmas, a Painted Button-quail was in the same garden!

Jo Wieneke