birding-aus

Re: spot light

Subject: Re: spot light
From: Robert BERRY <>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 11:29:02 -0800
John Leonard wrote:

> I'm thinking of buying a spot light to aid my nocturnal birding.
>
> Can anyone give me the run down on what wattage and power packs I need to be
> thinking of and what I might expect to pay.
>
> This information might be a useful addition to the archive?Spot Lights FAQ.
>
> Thanks.

Last year on a Wait-a-While spotlighting tour out of Cairns I asked the
professionals what a boy ( or girl ) needed. They suggested :-
* Yuasa 7 amp battery.
* Watsco light.
* GEC (with umbrella in front) 30 watt sealed beam light source.
* trickle charger.
* red filter.

I've been meaning to get one ever since.

Robert Berry

ps. predicting what my relatives are going to do, especially auntie Grace, is
a hopeless task.