birding-aus

Birding Southern Queensland

Subject: Birding Southern Queensland
From: (Ian Burton Tarrant)
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 11:27:20 +1000
G'day from Queensland,
Just a quick note to advertise our 'web-pages for anyone interested in the
birds and wildlife of our sadly neglected region, Unfortunately our new
State government appear to have a particular dislike of 'conservationists'
and are accelerating development at the expense of the environment.
Yesterday our State Premiere alledgedly expressed annoyance that land had
been set-aside for a particularly rare species of frog (Mixophytes fleayii)
at the expense of the land-owner (a so-called 'honest aussie battler') and
will try to disband any organisations set up to protect rare species.
We are desperately trying to promote eco-tourism and have a great base to
work from, (I have seen over 400 species of birds in Southern Queensland
over 10 years and one can expect around 300 species within 3 hour drive of
Brisbane)
Even if your not planning a visit, please take a look and give us some
feedback, hopefully we can get something going here.
Regards,
Tom Tarrant and Marie Hayward
Lot 4, Dayboro Rd, RUSH CREEK, Dayboro, Queensland 4521
Tel: 61-7-3425 1780
email:
Internet: http://www.ecn.net.au/~aviceda/aviceda.htm