birding-aus

Birds of Wollongong in January

Subject: Birds of Wollongong in January
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 1996 21:56:52 EST10
BIRDS SEEN IN PREVIOUS JANUARY TRIPS OFF WOLLONGONG
Compilations of sightings from previous 15 January trips (up to Jan 1996).
There is a trip going this Sunday 28.1.96. Get in touch with me if you want to
go!!
Look at the rarities!!
VIRTUAL DEFINATES
Great-winged Petrel (100%)
Flesh-footed Shearwater (100%)
Wege-tailed Shearwater (100%)
Fluttering Shearwater (100%)
Arctic Skua (100%)
Pomarine Skua (100%)
Long-talied Skua (93%)
Australasian Gannet (100%)
Australasian Pelican (100%)
Silver Gull (100%)
Kelp Gull (100%)
Crested Tern (100%)
PROBABLES
Short-tailed Shearwater (80%)
White-faced Storm-Petrel (53%)
POSSIBLES
Little Penguin (40%)
Wandering Albatross (20%)
Black-browed Albatross (7%)
Shy Albatross (20%)
Solander's Petrel (7%)
Sooty Shearwater (47%)
Hutton's Shearwater (33%)
Wilson's Storm-Petrel (33%)
Common Diving-Petrel (7%)
Common  Tern (20%)
White-winged Black Tern (13%)
RARITIES
Kermadec Petrel (1)
White-necked Petrel (8)
Gould's Petrel (69 (Yes  69!!))
Black-winged Petrel (2)
Mottled Petrel (1)
Cook's Petrel (3)
Black Petrel (2)
Streaked Shearwater (1)
Buller's Shearwater (6)
Red-tailed Tropicbird (2)
White-tailed tropicbird (1)
Sooty Tern (14)
Grey Ternlet (6)
Not Bad Eh?
Cheers
Phil Hansbro
Southern Oceans Seabird Study Association
If you would like to go on any pelagic trips off NSW, contact me as follows;
Email;
Ph; (h) 06-2498234, (w) 06-2493091.
Fax; 06-2494891.