Re: insects sound libraries

To: "" <>
Subject: Re: insects sound libraries
From: Gianni Pavan <>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 16:18:38 +0000
Fernando, Charles and Yves,

I thank you for your contribute. I'm preparing a presentation about sound libraries dedicated to insects and your help is very precious.

In any case my final finding is that despite the huge number of insect species, for their sounds there are no dedicated sound libraries. There are some dedicated to specific groups of species as the result of the research work of individuals or individual institutions, but not borad taxonomic libraries. At least in my limited knowledge. please correct me if I'm wrong.

Gianni