M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

To: <>
Subject: M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96
From: "Douglas Gillespie" <>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 15:58:29 EDT
Has anyone tested the frequency response of the M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96 at
the extreme ends of its frequency range ?

It's advertised range is from 20 Hz to 20 kHz. In the past, I have tested
other M-audio products (e.g. Delta 44 sound card) and have found that their
response at lower frequencies is very good right down to about 2 or 3 Hz and
is also excellent up to about 45 kHz when sampling at 96 kHz.

I've tried to get information out of M-Audio technical help, but without
success. If anyone has made direct measurements of this, or any similar
recorders, I'd be most interested. I'm currently most interested in low
frequencies between about 10 and 20 Hz (blue whales).

http://www.maudio.co.uk/products/en_gb/MicroTrack2496-focus.html

Douglas Gillespie
Sea Mammal Research Unit,
Gatty Marine Laboratory,