Re: advice on recording equipment

Subject: Re: advice on recording equipment
From: Greg Clark <>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 13:37:30 -0700
1996 and only failed when it fell out of a vehicle. After repair, it has
 worked flawlessly. My second machine has only seen a few years of similar
 service, but it has never failed. I use a Porta Brace equipment bag
 specifically made for this recorder. It helps to keep the dust out. I think
 high humidity is a problem with all DAT recorders and I do not have this
 problem in Arizona, however, I have travelled to other areas where the
 humidity is nearly 100%. I believe in desiccants for cameras and
 photography equipment. perhaps my judicious use of keeping my equipment in
 dry bags or dry cases has spared me problems others have had. I can
 recommend the Tascam DA-P1 because I have recorded hundreds of DAT tapes in
 awful field conditions, including during rainstorms, and have never had
 either recorder fail in use.

 Greg Clark